BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Teacher Back-To-School Kits


I love to make little gifts and I usually try to do something for the teachers I work with. We will be heading back to our classrooms this week to do some work, so I thought I would put together something for them to get the year started. If you are looking for gift ideas for your child's teachers, here are a few things they might enjoy.


I find myself sometimes needing a quick card to send to a parent or teacher who has helped me do something or for a birthday I forgot about. Something that any teacher would love is a set of note cards. I made these from Stampin' Up! whisper white cardstock, various SU! designer papers, stamp sets, and SU! cardstock. Each card set is the same, just the colors are changed. I included envelopes and the cards are blank inside. I also put some coordinating paper inside the pen tube to match!





















I made this cute drink power holder using the TBBM cricut cartridge. I got the idea HERE from Tammy. I also used SU! supplies to complete the project.


A teacher can NEVER have too much hand sanitizer (in my opinion)! I bought each teacher their own bottle and holder from Bath & Body (I think these are the best invention yet)!


I made a fabric tag with each teacher's initials on it. I used the Stampin' Up! top note die to create the tag. I used heat-n-bond on the back of each top note and on the letters. I cut the fabric first, applied the heat-n-bond, then die cut. I did the same with the letters, but used the cricut and gypsy to cut them. I sandwiched a piece of batting between the two pieces of fabric, sealed them up, and ta-da....a tag. I puched a hole with the crop-a-dile (punched like butter through all the layers) set an eyelet and put some ribbon through it.


And last but not least.....candy!! Many teachers need a little pick-me-up in the afternoon and chocolate always hits the spot for me. I used the pillow box die from Stampin' Up!, ran it through various embossing folders, sealed one end with sticky tape, added embellishments, m&ms, and tied with a ribbon!

If you have any questions about specific products or items, please let me know! If you would like to order the Stampin' Up! products to complete these projects, click HERE! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute I am sure they will love it!!!

Kelli said...

What cute ideas. I am always looking for ideas for teacher gifts. I may have to use some (or all) of these this year.

Charisse said...

Love the fabric tag. Does cricut really cut through fabric?

scrappingwest said...

Charisse--yes it does as long as you have it backed with something. I love Heat-N-Bond. You can purchase it just about anywhere and apply it to the wrong side of your fabric BEFORE cutting with the cricut. This makes it a bit stiffer.

For this tag base I used the Stampin' Up! Top Note die to cut the fabric!