I am linking up with Tara for Monday Made It over at 4thgradefrolics. I used a composition book last year with my small group students. I kept notes regarding their reading progress, any difficulties that I noticed while reading/working, and their progress. It worked out great to use during parent-teacher conferences. The only problem that I had was that it was not easy to flip through and I had a difficult time finding the pages for each student. I decided to re-vamp it this year and I came up with this.
After I had it all put together and bound, I punched out tabs from some coordinating cardstock for the tabs. I also stamped numbers on each tab for each student. I number my students, so these numbers will correspond with the student numbers. I divided the notebook by 5 pages since the composition notebook comes with 100 pages each. I am hoping that it will be enough for each student. If I need to, I can cut up more pages and add them later to the book.