BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It #4


 Wow, I have been busy getting ready for my new classroom this week!  I have another Monday Made It for you.  I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.  This is my last "official" week of summer, but I will be heading into my new classroom to start getting it ready!  I tried to finish up the last little bit of projects I had before this week.  I still have a couple more to go, but that's ok!  Here's what I finished up last week.


I went to one of those painting events with a friend about a year and a half ago.  I painted the owl on this canvas then.  When I was finishing it up, I thought it was too plain and I'd add something to it when I got home.  Well, I got busy and never added anything to it.



Several years ago I saw this quote on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  I loved it and thought it was appropriate for a classroom.  I decided to paint it onto the canvas.  Out came the cameo (I'm loving this more and more!).  I used the cameo to make a template out of contact paper.  I used the font Things We Said for the white letters and I used a bold font for the rest.  I painted the white letters with a paint pen and they came out very neat.  I painted the bold letters with acrylic paint.  They seeped a little under the edges so I used a black sharpie marker to line the edges and give it a finished look!  I LOVE how it turned out!  I can't wait to hang it in my new classroom!



This was inspired by all the Monday Made It's I've seen this summer.  Here is my version of the 'No Name' board.


I think it goes well with my owl theme! All the supplies are from Walmart.  I loved that the wood piece was black chalkboard so I didn't even have to paint it black!  I used vinyl for the words, attached the painted owl and clothespins, and called it done!!


This last project is something that I wished I'd had done years ago.  I've never had a classroom set of clipboards and I thought that now was as good a time as any.


 I picked up the clipboards at Walmart.  They are $1.44 each there.  That was about $.44 more than I wanted to pay, but after finding cheaper ones online and paying shipping, it would have come out to be about the same price per board.  I also used this paper pad from Walmart and some Mod Podge.




I Mod Podged one paper to the back of each clipboard.  I did two of each pattern.  I figured that I could use this to group students also.  I'd have them all select a board and then tell them to find their partner by finding the person whose pattern paper matches theirs.  


I chose the flat clip clipboards so that they would nestle nicely into this container.  I bought this container two summers ago to use for my sister's baby shower.  I'm glad I have an official use for it now.  I used some black vinyl to label it up and called it finished also!



Thanks for looking.  I'm off to enjoy the last little bit of summer with my little guy!!!

0 comments: