BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Classroom Decorations


I have seen many people make paper flower bouquets. I decided to try my own version and use it as a classroom decoration. I made 6 of these and they add a nice touch to the classroom.


I used the cricut cartridge George and Basic Shapes. It has a slotted feature and I cut the flowers using that feature. I cut two flowers for each flower in the bouquet. (I think I cut 8 flowers/bouquet) I sandwiched a skewer between two flowers and tied them with the yellow ribbon. I placed a bit of the green crinkle basket filler into the bottom of the bucket, and then glued the round Styrofoam piece into the bucket. After it cooled, I started to place the skewers into the bucket making an arrangement. I added green crinkle basket filler on top to mimic grass. I then tied the multi-color wide ribbon around the bucket to hide the styrofoam piece. (The buckets were a bit see through). I cut 1 larger slotted flower and tied the ribbon through it. These really were easy to make. I made these before I had the gypsy, so if you have that, it would be even easier to lay all your cuts onto your mat and just change the paper to cut.

Supplies:
1 sand bucket (I purchased mine from the dollar store)
1 piece of round Styrofoam
1 pkg of bamboo skewers
cardstock
ribbon thin and large
crinkle basket filler
hot glue gun

If you have any questions, please let me know!! Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

this is very cute!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

looking very nice...i want to try it for my own classroom decorations.