BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Door Decoration

This year I wanted to say that First Grade Rocks somewhere. I decided to make that my door decoration!


I used Everyday Paper Dolls cricut cartridge for the guitar, Plantin Schoolbook for the letters, and A Child's Year for the stars. I wrote each child's name on a star.

This is one of the greatest tools that I have ever seen. If you are a teacher, you know that students will always come to school with a note about their after school transportation. If you don't have a designated spot for those notes, you may forget! I have a place for all those notes!!!


This is a yard stick that has been painted with acrylic paint. I took 5 clothes pins apart and also painted them. I found some acrylic paint that had glitter in it at Wal-Mart. It turned out so pretty. I hot glued the clothes pins to the yardstick and then hot glued the yardstick to the concrete wall. Now when students bring those notes, I can place them right by the door so that we won't forget!! **I didn't come up with this idea on my own! I borrowed it from another teacher whose student's parent made one for her!!! This is a great teacher gift!!!

If you have any questions please let me know!! Thanks for looking!!!

0 comments: