BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Copic Coloring

Ok, so I know I've been a bit MIA on the blog world for a few weeks.  Projects and life have gotten in the way, but I'm back on track. 

If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that I was the VERY lucky winner of two sets of Copic markers back in May of last year.  Thanks to Peachy Keen Stamps for their very generous gift!!  Needless to say, I haven't played much with them.  :(  I am by no means an artist of any official kind.  I hold degrees in Surgical Technology and Elementary Education and I only took two art classes to get them (Art Appreciation & Art Basics).  Needless to say "I don't know much about being an artist!"  In fact, in high school I took Theatre Arts to earn my "art" credit to graduate distinguished because this girl cannot draw!!! 

I said all of that to say I was really, really excited to get them, but really, really intimidated by them.  Luckily I am an avid YouTube watcher so I have been watching TONS of videos over the last month in preparation of using them.  I made my first purchases from Simon Says Stamp and bought some Neenah Solar White cardstock and a cute stamp from C.C. Designs and from Two Peas in a Bucket to add to my marker collection in a few hues I was missing.  My orders came in and I was anxious to play with all of my new goodies.  Of course I "needed" to buy a new set of Spellbinders dies to highlight my adorable new stamp.  Well, what do you think?


I'm still working on techniques and I'm thinking about buying the Copic Coloring Guide book.  Do any of you have it?  What are your thoughts on it?

Well I hope to be back really soon to share more of my creations.  Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Omela said...

this is really cute! i haven't tried my hands on coloring yet but ur card made me want to give it a go :)

NC Peach said...

Very cute card! Great job on the coloring too! I saw this over on 2Peas, and came over to get a closer look! I have a few markers, but I've done very little with them...I feel the same way you did! I have the guide book and think it'll be pretty useful, but won't know until I jump in! You have given me hope! TFS!