My absence from my blog is due to the busy, busy month of November. Here are two rag quilts that I completed this month for two dear friends of mine.
The second one is for a baby boy. The nursery is in a western theme. When I went to the fabric store I couldn't decide on the prints. I wanted to use flannel, but I could only find the cow print in cotton. I settled for cotton fabrics. They ragged much better, but the blanket is not as soft as the flannel.
My husband found the print that we used on the back. He insisted that we buy that fabric, so I made the back out of one print and the front out of the three prints.
Overall I was pleased with both blankets and the mommies were very glad to have them.
I found a really great tutorial HERE on how to make the blankets. Instead of using 4" squares like she did, I used 6" for my outer layer and 5" squares for my batting. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks for looking!!!